As summer gets closer, so does the excitement. It is the time of the year where you can sip on a sweet glass of lemonade from the kids down the street, time with family and friends, and a cool home to look forward to after planting your new garden in the backyard.
But what do you do if you can’t cool off? You feel the weather getting hotter and hotter, while your patience wears thinner and thinner.
In Texas a summer without air conditioning would be brutal. Don’t feel as if you need to suffer through the heat, investing in an air conditioner replacement doesn’t have to be a difficult process if you use the simple steps below in your search for an air conditioner replacement.
Utilize these tips when determining if air conditioner replacement is essential:
- Reliability – Is your current system starting to be unstable? Your air conditioner might be the biggest home equipment purchase you’ll have to make for your home. Take the time to research a medley of air conditioners that have exceptional consumer ratings and have a track record of being reliable for years to come.
- Quiet operation – Is your system more vocal than you like? Comfort can go beyond simply having your home the temperature you’d want. Make sure you ask about noise levels so you won’t be annoyed every time your system turns on.
- Efficiency – Are your energy bills regularly going up? Having an efficient air conditioner means that you’re not only saving energy and not wasting money, but you’re able to be a little more environmentally aware. Air conditioners today are more efficient than older units and that can make a big change in your energy usage which can reduce your bills.
- Airflow – Are you not quite comfortable? Maintaining regularly comfortable airflow throughout your home means you need an air conditioner and indoor unit (typically a furnace) that can keep the cool air successfully circulating throughout your home.
We had a pretty big job where the guys were here all day. My husband was at work so I had my son there and our rescued dog. The guys were talking to my son and made a huge effort to play with my scared dog for a minute so she trusted them. They were so nice and I felt comfortable with all of them in my house. ==>View More TestimonialsLucy T.
The team at Air Today Heating & Cooling recommends that homeowners invest in an air conditioner replacement if the repairs count up to over 50 percent or more of a new air conditioner. Here’s a few conditions you can look for when you think it may be time to think about switching out your air conditioner.
- Filters: changing your air conditioner filter is very important to the performance of your system and easy to take care of. Every time that your air conditioner switches on it collects outside particles and eventually clogs up. Swapping them out at least every three months is what we recommend.
- Age: most air conditioners last about 10 to 12 years on average. If you notice that your system is functioning sporadically and acting up, you may want to have it checked out. Older air conditioners typically don’t operate as efficiently as newer systems as well.
- Wiring: over time it’s not uncommon for your air conditioner’s wiring to be affected by the weather in Plano. Depending on the age of your air conditioner, the condition of the wiring can be different, but could possibly lead to corroding wires that need to be replaced.
If an air conditioner replacement is in your near future, keep relevant qualities like reliability, efficiency, sound, consistency and airflow in mind throughout your search for the best system. These characteristics create a well-built, dependable air conditioner that every homeowner would be satisfied to have in their home.
Call the pros at Air Today Heating & Cooling at 972-881-1919 to see how we make your comfort our goal. Our goal is to save everyone in Plano from the summer heat with a comfortably cool home. For further questions on air conditioner replacement, schedule an appointment online or give us a call.